The TOPS College Success team is a continuation of the AVID/TOPS programming given to students in high school. The College Success Team, consisting of an Enrollment Coach, a Transition Coach, and two Success Coaches provides support to students in the college application and enrollment process, and then throughout each student’s time in college.
College Coaches begin to touch base with AVID/TOPS students through classroom visits during their junior and senior years of high school. As the senior year progresses, coaches will guide students to a better understanding of topics such as financial aid, college checklists, success on campus, choosing majors, and more.
As students become TOPS Scholars in the College Success Program, college coaches remain with their students throughout their college program, providing support such as:
- Connections to campus resources
- Coach check-ins to monitor progress
- FAFSA assistance
- Understanding financial aid
- Internship and job-shadowing opportunities
- Overcoming college roadblocks
- Peer support
- and much more as students progress towards earning their college degrees.
Learn more about TOPS Signature Events, FAQ’s, and parent FAQ’s.
Questions? Contact the TOPS College Success Team.